Table of Contents
Ever read the news about another big Windows update about to come soon, then couple of months later another article showed up telling you that the big update has come and everyone is talking about it but you didn’t seem to notice any change to your personal computer? Yeah, me too, and that is unfair. Especially, if you PC is more than capable to handle it or any update that Windows throws at it for the next couple of years.
- Always get the latest Windows Builds
Although the Windows 10 upgrade process is non-destructive, it’s always recommended to create a full backup of your device before proceeding, in case something unexpected happens and you need to go back to the previous version.
There are a couple of ways to update Windows 10
- METHOD 1 • Intended Windows Update
- METHOD 2 • Media Creation Tool
- METHOD 3 • Update Assistant
METHOD 1 • Intended Windows Update
- Open Settings (WinKey + I)
- Click on Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update
- Click the Check for updates button
- Click the Restart Now button after the update has been downloaded on your device
METHOD 2 • Media Creation Tool
- Click the Download tool now button from Microsoft
- Execute the file
- Click the Accept button to agree to the Microsoft terms
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option
- Click the Accept button one more time to agree to the notice and license terms
- Confirm that the Keep personal files and apps option is selected (If the option isn’t selected, click the Change what to keep link to choose the correct option to keep your files, settings, and apps after the upgrade.)
- Click the Install button
METHOD 3 • Update Assistant
- Click the Update now button from Microsoft
- Execute the file
- Click the Update Now button
- After the tool confirm that your hardware is compatible, click the Next button
- Click the Restart Now button
Find an issue with this post? Have something to add, update, or clarify? All my posts here are editable.
Just create a new Issue or PR on GitHub, any fix or addition is much appreciated!