Table of Contents
Creating, especially coding something starts from a certain problem. There’s something we want to tackle and it has to have a clear objective for it to succeed. It has to take the necessary steps to stay in track and keep progressing in the right way.
Prototyping in one of the steps we need to take, but… who or what are we prototyping for? It has to be for someone or something. That is exactly the point and here’s our journey of creating the app Advokasimu for advocates to use.
Our target audience for Advokasimu project is the people, advocates, and the overseers.
The people is the one who will be using our application the most. They’re the ones with the problems that we’re going to help. Advocates is the groups who’s going to help them through our app, and the overseers make sure everything stays in order.
Our targets are categorized by their behavior, their needs, and of course their personal information.
All of these are required for us developers to build a clean and purposeful application. We can then check according to our design checklist, functional requirements checklist, and finalize it with our development environment.
Design checklist will make sure that
- Components are simple and clear to understand
- Readable with adequate font size, colors with clarity, and others alike
- Action flow is convenient to use, for example using the optimal amount of button presses to do something
- Ease of use, easy to learn, get the users to learn the application quickly
Functional checklist will make sure the application
- Load only the necessary data because most of our target people would not have the luxury of having high-speed internet bandwidths
- Quick and responsive performance for frequent uses by the people
And finally the development environment to match the environment it’s gonna be used in
- Making sure small screen sizes won’t be a problem for the application
- Making sure older Android phone versions won’t have any problems loading the application
Creating personas is a crucial part of any development project.
No matter how good the execution is, if the planning fails, everything else will fail.
Find an issue with this post? Have something to add, update, or clarify? All my posts here are editable.